Digby R. Leigh
Digby was called to the bar on May 11, 1982 and has considerable experience in many areas of law, with particular experience in the insolvency field. Digby’s first ten years of practice was at a large downtown Vancouver firm with about 100 lawyers (Bull, Houser & Tupper) where he became a partner. In 1992, he formed the partnership, Hobbs & Leigh, which operated for the next 13 years. In 2005 Digby followed his dream by totally immersing himself in the Edgemont Village Community with the formation of Digby Leigh & Company.
Life and the practice of law has been varied and exciting for Digby over the last 30+ years, but no matter what the issue, Digby brings a practical, cut-to-the-chase, people oriented approach to any solution. The experience of acting on very significant transactions lends itself to solving any issue.
Some of Digby's experience includes:
- Acting as counsel to the Trustee of Westar Mining
- Representing one of the major contractors in a public private partnership transaction
- Lecturing on a number of occasions at courses for the Canadian Bar Association and the Canadian Insolvency Practitioners Association (now C.A.I.R.P.)
- Serving as the Vice-President of the Insolvency Subsection of the Canadian Bar Association
- Serving as a member of the Executive for the Edgemont Village Merchants' Association
- Sitting on the Examination Panel for those applying to be licensed as Trustees in Bankruptcy
Digby emphasizes the following areas of practice:
- Commercial Lending
Digby lives in North Vancouver and is married with three children and is extremely active in the local sports and school community. Digby joined the Board of Directors of Basketball BC in 1992 and was elected as President in 1996. In 1998 Digby was elected as Vice-President of Canada Basketball, a position he held until 2008. Currently, Digby chairs the Board of Directors for the Thunderbird Football Association.