Jennifer M. Williams
Called to the bar on September 3, 2003, Jennifer is a very experienced commercial real estate lawyer with a practice emphasis in leasing, acquisitions, sales, and development. Jennifer practiced commercial real estate law in the Vancouver office of two national firms (McCarthy Tetrault and Blakes), and a local Vancouver firm (Richards Buell Sutton LLP).
In 2012, Jennifer returned to the North Shore where she took on the role of In House Counsel with Larco, a prominent West Vancouver based real estate developer. For five years she developed and managed the In House legal department, primarily focused on commercial leasing related to the redevelopment of the Park Royal Shopping Centre. Her practice comprised practical, business driven real estate and day to day legal advice in a fast paced and high growth environment.
Jennifer’s experience spans a wide range of complex transactions pertaining to commercial real estate including acquisitions, sales, subdivisions, development, strata conversations, commercial leasing, financing, infrastructure and P3 work. Her business acumen has been built working shoulder to shoulder with business, real estate and other professionals. She is a practical, solution oriented lawyer focused on listening to client needs and providing timely, responsive and results focused legal advice.
Some of Jennifer’s experience includes:
- Acting as In House Counsel over a diverse portfolio of office, retail, shopping centre, industrial and hospitality assets, developing effective process and risk mitigation systems, team training and solution oriented legal planning.
- Acting as counsel for the landlord on a wide range of complex leasing matters involving US, and international anchor and key tenants, ancillary NDA, financing and land title documents.
- Acting for local developers in a wide range of mixed use, residential and industrial developments including a complex co-op to strata conversion in North Vancouver.
- Acting for various institutional clients and real estate users in the acquisition and sale of Class A Office and Retail properties.
- Acting for tenants on various leasing matters including acting for a premium casual restaurant chain on its portfolio of leases.
- Serving as Chair and Legislative Liaison of the Real Estate subsection, and on a committee basis for CREW (Commercial Women in Real Estate – Vancouver chapter).
- Author of numerous legal articles and publications including for The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC and speaker/ presenter at legal and real estate industry events including the ICSC Law Conference.
Jennifer lives in West Vancouver and is married with two children. She is active in her local community, volunteering at her children’s activities and visiting both West Van and North Van recreation centres, libraries and local community events. Since 2015 she has served on the Board of Trustees at the Vancouver Waldorf School where she currently serves as the Chair of the HR Committee.
Jennifer can be found enjoying all that the North Shore has to offer, from beach combing over in Ambleside, hiking in Lynn Valley or lower Seymour, or ice cream and sushi in Deep Cove. She is a well known face browsing the shops in Edgemont Village. An avid skier you can find Jennifer and her family up in Big White or at their beloved family holiday spot on the Oregon Coast.