Our firm is currently seeking a Client Services Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will be part of our administrative team and will work in a dynamic, fast-paced practice interacting with lawyers, staff and clients.
This position requires an individual who generates positive energy, is organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, has a strong work ethic and most importantly, has passion for what they are doing.
Duties & responsibilities would include:
- Meeting with lawyers and paralegals to determine which files are to be billed; often with the need to tactfully but firmly extract information in order to meet deadlines;
- Preparing and forwarding invoices for all areas of law within the firm, including ensuring any special billing instructions and format requirements are being followed;
- Posting accounts into Esilaw and managing invoice records;
- Preparing daily bank deposits and monitoring all collection of receivables;
- Handling accounts receivable including all related follow up with professionalism;
- Preparation and distribution of reminder notices for outstanding accounts.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a professional services setting;
- Previous billing, bookkeeping or accounting experience a strong asset;
- Knowledge of Esilaw or other accounting program;
- Strong computer skills are essential;
- Attention to detail and ability to work autonomously is imperative;
- Service oriented with the ability to build and maintain relationships both within the firm and with clients;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Previous law firm experience would be an asset, but is not essential as we are willing to train the right candidate.
Digby Leigh & Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resumes, with covering letters to:
Attention: Wendy Allan, Office Manager
Digby Leigh & Company
3050 Highland Boulevard
North Vancouver, BC V7R 2X3
Phone: 604-988-7167 Fax: 604-903-8625
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.