Our firm is currently seeking a full time experienced corporate paralegal to lead our corporate team. This is a unique opportunity to head our rapidly growing corporate department.
This position requires an individual who generates positive energy, is organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, has a strong work ethic and most importantly, has passion for what they are doing.
Duties & responsibilities would include:
- Being the leader of our corporate team and being a mentor;
- Handling purchases and sales of businesses, both assets and shares;
- Handling complicated reorganizations involving share freezes, roll-overs and family trusts;
- Allocating and overseeing all corporate work including BC and Federal incorporations and registrations, extra provincial registrations, annual maintenance, trademark matters, director/officer changes, share allotments/transfers and dividends and all other ancillary corporate matters;
- Having a significant role in building and maintaining relationships with accountants and other referral sources;
- Managing the corporate precedents.
- Minimum 5 years previous corporate experience;
- Knowledge of “ALF” and strong computer skills are essential;
- Leadership or management experience would be an asset;
- Ability to prioritize and organize the flow of work within the department;
- Attention to detail and ability to work autonomously is imperative;
- Service oriented with the ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Digby Leigh & Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resumes, with covering letters to:
Attention: Wendy Allan, Office Manager
Digby Leigh & Company
3050 Highland Boulevard
North Vancouver, BC V7R 2X3
Phone: 604-988-7167 Fax: 604-903-8625
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.