Digby Leigh & Company is located in the community of Edgemont Village, North Vancouver. Approachable, friendly and conveniently located, we are not your stereotypical law firm. Our team of accomplished lawyers bring years of downtown, large firm experience to the North Shore, practicing business law at the highest level. In addition to business law, we also have a complimentary practice in wills & estates and real estate.
Digby Leigh & Company is a firm that is continually growing and has recently relocated to brand new office space in the Edgemont Commons building located in Edgemont Village.
Our firm is currently seeking a full time wills and estates paralegal to join our team. The successful candidate will be part of our personal services team and will work with our experienced lawyers and paralegals in a dynamic, fast-paced practice.
This position requires an individual who generates positive energy, is organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, has a strong work ethic and most importantly, has passion for what they are doing.
Duties & responsibilities would include:
- Managing work flow, quality of work, productivity levels and communication within the department;
- Keeping up-to-date and reporting on changes to the legislation;
- Providing paralegal support to the lawyers; and
- Creating and maintaining the systems and precedents.
- Graduation from a Legal Administrative Assistant or Paralegal program;
- Ideally the candidate would have a minimum of 5 years experience with considerable experience in the wills & estates area;
- Ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong computer skills are essential;
- Attention to detail, self motivated and ability to work autonomously is imperative;
- Service oriented with the ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The amount of experience is not as important as finding the right person for this position; someone who is committed and has passion for what they are doing.
Digby Leigh & Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resumes, with covering letters to:
Attention: Wendy Allan, Office Manager
Digby Leigh & Company
201 – 3053 Edgemont Boulevard
North Vancouver, BCV7R 2N5
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.