On Wednesday July 16th, the North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce and event sponsor Digby Leigh & Company held the annual Summer Soiree atop picturesque Grouse Mountain. The event featured stunning views, delicious hors d’oeuvres and live jazz courtesy of the Nikko Whitworth Trio. Guests also had the opportunity to arrive early and take advantage of everything Grouse Mountain has to offer, including the Wildlife Refuge, the grizzly bear habitat and the world-famous lumberjack show
The event also served as introduction to our new Chamber Board and a celebration of those members who have reached milestone anniversaries in their membership. Our two newest board members, David Kim of the BDC and Pararin Rahmani of North Shore Law, were sworn in by Jim Belsheim, president of Neptune Terminals and the immediate past chair of the BC Chamber of Commerce.
Congratulations to all of our Milestone Members, we recognize and salute your dedication to the Chamber! Click here to see a full list of our members celebrating anniversary milestones in 2014.
Congratulations to all of the door-prize winners:
• Ati Masroor of Ati Bookkeeping and Tax Services: Card and Dice Game
• Bart Schobben from the Consulate of Belgium/Trade Commissioner’s Office: 2 Vancouver Canadians ticket vouchers
• George Dusenberry of DGL Consulting Ltd.: 2 Vancouver Canadians ticket vouchers
• Pam Chilton of Zimba Design: 2 tickets to a Vancouver Whitecaps game
• Kenton MacDonald-Lin of Kenton Studios: a box of Purdy’s Chocolates
• Tony Weller of Mills Office Productivity: a box of Purdy’s Chocolates
• Jason Black of the Great Canadian Landscaping Company: a bottle of Deep Cove Brewers + Distillers gin
To determine the winner of the evening’s largest prize, a wine basket valued at $150, generously donated by Ann Peters of RE/MAX Commercial Advantage, on behalf of VOKRA, guests participated in a game of Heads and Tails. Congratulations to winner Paige Larson of North Shore Sports Medicine.
Click here to see photos from the event, courtesy of Kenton Studios.