Terry obtained his Law Degree from the University of British Columbia in 1968 and was called to the Bar of British Columbia in 1969. In 1971 he co-founded the firm of Norton Stewart (Vancouver) and co-founded the firm of Stewart & Winch LLP in 1997.
Providing extensive legal services to many domestic clients (and some international clients) with business interests in Canada, Europe and the United States, Terry is known as a "businessman's lawyer", applying sound knowledge of the law combined with practical advice and excellent negotiating skills to any legal problem.
The following is a sampling of the types of clients for whom Terry has acted:
- North Shore and Greater Vancouver families and businesses (sole enterprises, partnerships and corporations);
- Societies, Crown Corporations and Ministries of the British Columbia Provincial Government, primarily involved in the areas of tourism events, land assembly and railroads;
- BC and Federal corporations involved in construction; engineering; resort and fishing industries;
- Canadian banks, Savings Unions and Trust companies;
- Professional corporations (medical, dental, accounting and legal); and
- Corporations and personalities involved in the Advertising, Radio, Television and Movie Industries.
Terry, who works as Associate Counsel, will be available for consultations with firm lawyers and clients primarily in the areas of:
- Business Law (Corporate & Commercial Law)
- Commercial Real Estate
- Wills, Estate Planning and Probate
Since 1971 Terry has acted in various pro bono/volunteer capacities such as legal counsel, honorary solicitor, honorary member, director, founding director and co-founder for over 30 charitable and not-for-profit entities such as local business associations, the Zajac Foundation, Ballet British Columbia, Music in the Morning, Rotary International, the Arthur Erickson Conservancy, Lawyers Associated Worldwide (LAW) and the West Vancouver Youth Band.
Terry has travelled extensively on business and as an executive member of LAW. His travels have taken him across Canada as well as internationally to the United States, Central America, England and Continental Europe.
Terry and his wife Brigitte are long time North Shore residents after having been raised themselves in the Kitsilano area. They made the move to the North Shore some 40 years ago and have since raised three children, Nicole, Christian and Ryan (all graduates from Handsworth). Terry is passionate about the Arts and he and Brigitte devote their time to spending time with their three grandchildren, hiking, travelling and entertaining their family and friends here on the North Shore.